Dr. Susan Peirce Thompson, Ph.D., is a renowned professor, researcher, and now author on the subject of how to free ourselves from food addiction and, in her own words, “live happy, thin, and free.” I’ve had the pleasure of reading some of her book, which will be out on March 21st, 2017, and, in this podcast, I speak with her about what makes Bright Line Eating the one method she knows that can work to stabilize binge eating.
*My strong opinion is that everyone can benefit from learning about Susan’s research and method, because disordered eating is not just common among a select few – the more I open up with folks about what I do with this website, the more I get the response – from all demographics – “hey, I have that!” (about binge eating).
In this podcast, you will learn:
- How someone with an intensely addictive past used science to understand her food addiction.
- Why certain methods of managing binge eating, that work for some, may not work for others.
- How you can find out your level of susceptibility to food addiction, which will help you find just the right level of strictness for a food plan that would best support you.
- Susan’s personal story of working towards a Ph.D. while actively binge eating, and how it affected her career then and now.
- Why certain events that seem like “flukes” or “failures” when they happen may actually be serving us beyond what we could plan ourselves.
- “Is addictability itself healable?”
Here is Susan’s bio:
Susan Peirce Thompson, Ph.D. is an Adjunct Associate Professor of Brain and Cognitive Sciences at the University of Rochester and an expert in the psychology of eating. She is President of the Institute for Sustainable Weight Loss and CEO of Bright Line Eating Solutions, a company dedicated to sharing the psychology and neuroscience of sustainable weight loss and helping people live Happy, Thin, and Free. She is author of the forthcoming book Bright Line Eating: The Science of Living Happy, Thin, and Free (March 21, 2017)
And some helpful links:
- You can find Susan on: brightlineeating.com, happythinandfree.com, susanpeircethompson.com
- Join Susan on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SusanPeirceThompson
- Pre-Order the book, Bright Line Eating: The Science of Living Happy, Thin and Free on Amazon (releasing March 2017)